BRINGING DEAF AWARENESS COURSES TO YOUR SCHOOL/COLLEGE
In-school Deaf awareness training - delivered on-site to school leaders and parents/carers
Deaf Minds Education use specialist trainers who are experts in the wellbeing of Deaf children to support your school. We can deliver our training as well as assist you with any specific issues or requirements you may have.
Our training ranges from 1 to 1 training with members of staff, group training on inset days, entire school assemblies, provision tailored towards certain year groups, and training for parents of Deaf children.
1/2 or 1
MAX. OF LEARNERS
© Peter Bracchi
An excellent course which takes learners through the first footsteps of learning to sign. Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of the Deaf Community, Deaf Culture and the knowledge required to communicate more effectively with those who are Deaf, Deafened or Hard of Hearing. By providing your school or college community with Deaf Awareness Training you can reduce the barriers arising from the communication difficulties between hearing and Deaf people.
This training is designed to:
- Enable staff to communicate with Deaf students.
- Help you ensure your organisation is complying with the Equalities Act.
- Equip staff with key communication tools
- Help you understand the limitations of lip reading.
- Identify and implement solutions to situations where people who deaf or hard of hearing loss may face accessibility or communication barriers.
- Help you recognise and respond to the different ways people who are deaf or hard of hearing may communicate.
- Demonstrate how you can engage and communicate with people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Our Deaf Awareness training course comes in two different formats. We carry out:
- a half day course that runs over a three hour session.
- a full day course that runs over a six hour session.
In School Training
Our suite of on-site training courses are designed and delivered by leading tutors who are specialists in their field. Working in your premises to offer maximum convenience, our courses will equip key members of your team with the skills, insight and knowledge required to make your educational environment accessible to deaf members of your school/college community.
Book Deaf Awareness
Attendees will gain the knowledge required to communicate more effectively with those who are Deaf, Deafened or Hard of Hearing, providing your school or college community with the skills needed reduce the barriers arising from the communication difficulties between hearing and Deaf people.
CAREFULLY SELECTED DEAF AWARENESS TRAINING PROVIDERS
Deaf Minds Education - working to together to support the mental wellbeing of Deaf learners
We proudly work in partnership with some of the UK's leading inschool Deaf Awareness training providers. Our carefully chosen delivery partners provide schools/college leaders and parents/carers with the skills and insight they need to ensure their learning pathways are accessible to Deaf and Hearing-Impaired students.