COURSES AND IN-SCHOOL/COLLEGE LEARNING FROM DEAF MINDS EDUCATION
Our courses - designed to support the whole school/college community
Our specialist experience can support the education of school and college leaders and staff to be empowered to tackle mental health and wellbeing issues of both staff and students.
We are fighting for a future where all young Deaf minds are supported and empowered.
OUR COURSES & WEBINARS
Deaf Minds Education
Our courses support the professional development of school and college leaders and staff. Every Deaf Minds Education course, resource and support service, whether delivered online or in-school, is designed to provide the knowledge and tools needed to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the challenges facing Deaf learners in mainstream education and learn how best to support them.
- Develop early intervention strategies to pre-empt and tackle issues around mental health and wellbeing, including depression and anxiety.
- Provide Deaf learners with the emotional bedrock needed to succeed in a 'hearing learning environment'.
Deaf children are more likely to suffer from mental health conditions in comparison to their peers. This training will enable staff to adequately support deaf children in mainstream primary schools by:
- Exploring the tools needed for children to manage feelings of stress and anxiety, including how to build resilience.
- Learning how to foster positive self-identity in both Deaf and hearing students.
The transition to secondary school can be stressful for any child, even more so for Deaf children who may be concerned about how they will fit in to a new mainstream environment where they may be the only deaf child in the school.
Research has shown that Deaf children are more likely to suffer from mental health conditions in comparison to their peers. This training will enable staff to adequately support Deaf children in mainstream secondary schools by:
- Exploring the tools needed for children to manage feelings of stress and anxiety, including how to develop empathy skills in both staff and students.
- Understanding the different types mental health conditions that could be affecting students.
We’ve developed this valuable on demand video at a time when online, dating scams seem to be, sadly, ever more prevalent.
This course has been specifically designed for the Deaf (or hearing individuals who are supporting them) and aims to raise your awareness of ‘romance scams’ and mitigate the risk of falling victim to them by:
- Helping you gain an understanding of the different types of scam, including catphishing.
- Helping you recognise a scam early.
- Signposting you to the best people to talk to if you feel you’ve fallen victim to a scam.
- Showing you how to report a scam.
- Providing you with tips to avoid scammers.
Bereavement Preparation for Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
This informative workshop has been developed to help SENDCos, teachers and school leaders to support young learners during, or leading up to a period of bereavement. It offers guidance on facilitating effective strategies and interventions, during what is likely to be one of the most emotional events in the life of a child with SEND.
It's specifically designed to equip school communities to support the complex emotional needs of children with SEND by:
- Helping them cope with or prepare for the death of a loved one.
- Developing a sensitive support strategy that reflects the way that EYFS learners with SEND process complex and upsetting events in their lives.
- Supporting the emotional needs of learners in your care during what will be an extremely difficult time for them.
- Creating a caring environment which ensures good mental health is safeguarded during or leading up to the process of bereavement.
Our mission is to bridge the gap between the hearing and the Deaf worlds with a view to reduce the frequency of mental health conditions and suicide within our Deaf community.
- We can achieve this by providing families and professionals with the guidance they need to fully understand the implications of being Deaf in a hearing world.
- We aim to support the wellbeing of Deaf children and adolescents by providing information and education to those supporting them.
ACCESSIBLE RESOURCES AND DEAF COURSES DESIGNED TO EMPOWER YOU TO UNDERSTAND AND SUPPORT THE NEEDS OF DEAF LEARNERS IN YOUR SCHOOL/COLLEGE
Membership - giving you access to Deaf courses and webinars designed to help you support the educational needs of Deaf learners in your care
Access to courses and resources is completely flexible. You can choose to 'pay as you go' for on demand training or, to receive unlimited access for your school and college and become a member. 12 months membership costs just £500 and full membership provides both convenience and enhanced access for the whole school/college community.
We believe in cost-effective webinars, delivering budget friendly online seminars.
Delivered by Experts
Every webinar delivered by Deaf Minds Education is created and delivered by industry experts.
You can watch your video in your hub, any time after you purchase it.
Documents & Content
You will receive any supporting materials or resources mentioned in the course and webinar.